Thursday, October 12, 2006

Lai Po Heen

Last August, with Helena Martínez, I visited the Lai Po Heen Restaurant. I wrote some notes but they got lost. Now, that I found them I like to share this information with you. It is doubtless the best chinese restaurant I ever tried, still I have to visit China.

Every thing was exceptional at the Lai Po Heen. Eric Lim, Restaurant Manager, makes you feel at home and he is ready to help with the selection. His recommendations made the night almost perfect. We had as starter a crispy aromatic duck, then a double boiled shark's fin with crab claw in bird's nest broth. I had stir fried venison with crispy dough fritters and water chestnuts, just memorable.


  • Lai Po Heen, Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur City Center. P.O. 50088. Malaysia. Tel + 603 2179 8885. Classic Cantonese cuisine with seafood and dim sum specialities. The set menu a choice for the first time. Last visit August 2006.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home